Neighborhood Day is held annually to celebrate community within Arlington neighborhoods. Typically held the second or third Saturday in May, neighborhoods may host yard sales, festivals, barbecues or other events. .
For 2014, these events include:
- Truck Day at Central Library from 9-11 for residents of the Ballston-Virginia Square neighborhood – the rear parking lot will have fire trucks, police cars, trash trucks, construction vehicles, a commuter bus and more.
- Family Fun Day at Alcova Heights Park; 10 a.m.-2 p.m. -bring a picnic and enjoy games, fitness demos, 1st Tee Golf, YoKids Yoga,
- Fairlington Day at Fairlington Community Center Grounds, 11 a.m. – grilled hot dogs, drinks, an inflatable obstacle course and other children’s activities
- Turtle Trot 5K Race at Lower Bluemont Park (329 N. Manchester St.), 10 a.m. – registration closes 5/16 at 8:59 am
- Nauck Neighborhood Clean-Up – the County will pick up furniture, brush, bikes and other acceptable items from the curb.